Friday, November 26, 2010

Mega Gem Alert: My sister's fourth grade journal

Wow, this is such a find! Before you get all up in arms about my sister's privacy, please know that this is a journal that she kept for school, as an assignment. Her teacher, Miss U, collected the journals everyday and read them and returned them back to the students with comments after the entries. My sister seems to open up to rather easily to her and I suspect that the real purpose of the journal assignment was because Miss U was rather nosey. Please read further.

September 5th, 1991
I think I will like fourth grade because Miss U is nice. Today is a fun day, but our bus broke down this morning and we were late.

September 6, 1991
Today is going great. I bought vanilla ice cream. Miss U is really getting nicer. First recess I played with Josey and had fun. I have meet a new friend. Her name is I forget.

Miss U's response: I'm glad you're meeting new people.

September 11, 1991
Last night my dog got sick. My mom took him to the vet. The vet gave him something. Today my sister Rachel has soccer.

Miss U wrote: I hope your dog feels better today. Do you play any sports?

September 12, 1991
I don't play any sports. But when I get in middle school I'm going to do track.

September 17, 1991
Today I braided Rachel's hair and we're going to see the ballet on a bus (to Philly). When I play jump rope, I'm sometimes line patrol.

Miss U wrote: What's line patrol? Your ballet trip sounds like it will be fun.

September 19, 1991
Line patrol is just making sure everyone's in line and making sure people get they're turns. If there is no one holding the jump rople, I get someone to.

Miss U wrote: That's a good idea!

September 20, 1991
At second recess, I walked and talked with my new friend Melony. She's neat because I like her. Melony may be my only friend. Also I have Janine. Did you meet my twin sister yet? She's in your math class.

Miss U wrote: Yes, I know your sister! What class is Melony in? You'll make lots of friends this year!

September 30, 1991
Today is the last day of September. Did you like my twin sister's dalmation shirt she had on? I know Jessica (your first sister).

Miss U's response: Jessica is a cousin. [OUCH!] Your sister's shirt was nice.

October 7, 1991
Vanessa went home early because of pink eye. Julie also went home early. Tomorrow we have a Trooper Ash assembly. [Trooper Ash was a police man who came to schools and spoke about safety issues like wearing your seat belt! We all LOVED him! He was really entertaining, I kind of forget why though.]

Miss U: Julie didn't go home early yesterday- Heather did. [OUCH again! Miss U!]

October 9, 1991
On RIF Day [I believe this was Reading Is Fun] I'm going to be Neil Armstrong and my sister is going to be Buzz. [Pictures, please!] Today is the last day for the sub. Bye Bye Mr. Nice Guy!

Miss U, sounding a little defensive: I guess you liked your sub a lot. Your RIF Day outfits sound great!

October 10, 1991
Thanks Miss U. I liked doing the graphs. String Art is fun this month

Miss U's response, kind of bizarre, in my opinion: I'm glad you liked the graphs. I wish I didn't have to yell at the others though. That always puts me in a bad mood.

October 16, 1991
Do you like Freddy? My friend, Bethany, is mad at her friend. There's nothing really to talk about. Shannon is a liar.

Miss U's response, getting a bit gossipy I might add: Why is Shannon a liar? Which one?

October 17, 1991
I was kidding when I said Shannon is a liar. It is Shannon H. Today she told Steve I don't like him anymore. He said, "Good!"

Miss U: I'm glad you were kidding about Shannon! [But if it were the other Shannon, well then I wouldn't mind so much. HAHA JK!]

October 18, 1991
Today we got our pictures back. I look stupid. Shannon looks pretty.

Miss U: You don't look stupid! I think the pictures turned out nice! [Awww!]

October 21, 1991
Boring day. No one likes me. I had flute lessons. They were boring. Mr. Roberts is mean to me. Do journals get graded?

Miss U: I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well. Journals don't get graded. Have you been practicing your flute?

October 23, 1991
Yes, I have been practicing. I got to go to the bathroom. When Brooke comes back I go.

October 25, 1991
I liked the sub yesterday. Did you have a cold? If you didn't what did you have? There's nothing to talk about. Do you have a brother named John? Are you going to the Limerick Firehouse oyster and ham supper?

Miss U: John is my cousin. Do you know him? No, I'm not going to the Limerick Firehouse.

October 28, 1991
Your cousin gave the firehouse a donation. [How did my sister know this?]

No comments:

Post a Comment