Friday, November 26, 2010

My sister's fourth grade Journal: Part Two. I swear it gets better

OK, if you were bored by the last Part, sorry, but I find it intriguing. It's about to spin out of control, though, and I suspect it is partly Shannon H's fault.

November 1, 1991
Today, Henry told me he liked me. I don't. I hate you Shannon! Your a geek! I hated your hair today. Do you like me? I don't care! What's Stephanie's number? Not telling. [I am confused, but I guess Shannon is also reading the journal and may have written, Not telling. I can't tell for sure though because the handwriting looks identical to my sister's.]

November 4, 1991
Someone I know has to have butt surgery. I still like you Shannon. But not as much. Call me tonight. Do you like Janine, Missy? I do. Henry doesn't like me anymore! Ya! Why don't you like me as much anymore? Yes- I do like Janine and Missy.

November 11, 1991
Dear Shannon,
Steve is very weird. He doesn't want a birthday. Without a birthday, he would stay very young. I know who he wants to marry.

November 13, 1991
Dear Shannon,
What are you doing Thursday? Can I go to your house? That person got her butt surgery. It took an hour. Imagine what they did! Why did you stick your tongue at me in line to go to Math?

November 19, 1991
Shannon "Hatey" H isn't here. Thank goodness.

March 16, 1991
Today for lunch I got Tuna boat, even though I hate it. In second grade we had everyone vote for a Student-of-the-Week. That was fun. Ah, the good old days. 31.5 gallons make a barrel.

Miss U: Why didn't you bring your lunch if you didn't like the choice?

March 30, 1991
Miss U was quiet today. NOT! She wasn't loud, but she wasn't quiet either.

April 1, 1991
Today was April Fool's Day. Only fools fall for practical jokes. Sometimes smart people do. My mom had a bad car accident yesterday. She is nearly paralyzed. APRIL FOOLS! Today was an ok day. Math was easy.

Miss U's response: April Fool's jokes are only good if they're funny. The one about your mother isn't funny at all.

April 29, 1991
Today we did the mile run. I got 8:19. That's the Presidential Award. Julie got a pretty perm.

January 12, 1992
I gave Todd my phone number. He threw it away. For Valentine's Day, I'm giving him a heart filled with conversation hearts. Love, R

No comments:

Post a Comment